Friday, December 27, 2013

Well Christmas is over for this year. Now to get back into the daily routine!

I treated myself to an ebosser for Christmas. I had a chance to try it out yesterday. I purchased the 'Rose of Sharon" and the 'Trianle in a Square' dies and my daughter gave me the 'Grandmother's Flower Garden' die. It uses all brands of dies such as accuquilt, spellbinder,and sizzix. I am anxious to try them all. You have to buy adapter plates in order to use the 24" dies from Accuquilt. I have those plates on order from Sew Simple in Lynchburg, VA.

I had a chance to try the Accuquilt 'Rose of Sharon' die but have not put that on a block yet.

I cut some grandmother's flower pieces yesterday and made one block. Here is a photo of that block. This is the 2" finished octagon.


I also played with the triangle in a square block. I finished 4 of them then made a star block. It finished  9 1/2 " sq, for a 9 inch block. I hope to make some more of these in various reds to complete a small quilt. Maybe for a baby gift. Here is a photo of that block.

Well, other than getting the house put back together that is about all the sewing I had a chance to do yesterday. If I can sew for 15 or 30 minutes at a time at least I feel like I have accomplished a little something.

Well, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment