Monday, January 13, 2014

Back to my log cabin star

Our quilt guild members met on Saturday for a day of sewing and eating fun. A few brought their machines to sew, some just brought fabric to cut. Me I carried my log cabin blocks to square up. We sure had a lot of good food and fun!

Sally showing what she is working on.
Frances is busy getting her machine ready.

Here is a nice, neat stack of blocks all trimmed and ready to stitch together in a star setting. 

I laid the block out on my bed to see how they would look. I just couldn't resist sewing a couple rows together. Getting closer to looking like a quilt top.
I plan on quilting this with lots of feathers. I sure do have a lot of practicing to do before I get started. I think I will head to the machine to get in a little practice before time to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment